This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)
All Saints' Church, Yelvertoft
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
Yelvertoft is a village and civil parish in West Northamptonshire unitary authority in the county of Northamptonshire, England. At the time of the 2001 census, the parish's population was 821 people, reducing to 764 at the 2011 Census, increasing again to 804 at the 2021 census.
Yelvertoft's main thoroughfare, called High Street, is approximately three quarters of a mile long, from the Parish Church of All Saints to the Village Hall. This linear street follows the course of an ancient Portway known as Salters Way.
Yelvertoft has maintained a more independent, rural character compared to other villages in the region, such as Crick, because no major transport routes pass through it.
Sites of historical interest include a monument built for the 13th century Rector of the All Saints Church, John Drycson, a charity school building constructed in 1792 (the school was established in 1711) which now serves as the Reading Room, and a town pump dating from 1900, which was renovated in 2000.
According to the figures obtained at the Census 2001 there are 851 people living in the village, in a total of some 356 houses.
Recreational facilities are mainly centred around the village hall and comprises a sports field with cricket and football pitches, a pocket park, children's play area, skate park and a basketball court.
Yelvertoft has many accessible transport links.
There are currently no regular bus services to or from Yelvertoft.
Yelvertoft is linked by road with access to Junction 18 of the M1 motorway within 5 minutes drive from the village. Following improvements to Catthorpe interchange in 2016/17 it is no longer possible to leave or join either the M1 or M6 from local roads at Junction 19. Junction 1 of the M6 and J20 of the M1 are both within 15 minutes drive from Yelvertoft.
The Grand Union Canal passes close to the village.